Gerard Butler recently revealed that during filming for “Plane,” he accidentally rubbed a handful of acid on his face.
The actor said he didn’t realize what had happened until his face and throat started burning painfully.
The film crew realized it was phosphoric acid, which then caused commotion on how to remove the fluid.
According to the CDC, a person affected by phosphoric acid should wash the area immediately and get medical help.
Butler further shared that the burning sensation lasted for several hours.
The actor joked the acid incident was, however, great for the film’s sequence.
In “Plane,” which premiered on January 13th, Butler plays a pilot forced to make an emergency landing in a hostile land.
He is forced to work with an accused murderer being transported on the plane to rescue kidnapped passengers.
The movie was directed by Jean-François Richet and also stars Tony Goldwyn, Yoson Ann, and Mike Colter.