Leno told Variety that he needed some time to get back on his feet after suffering “severe burns.”
LOS ANGELES — Jay Leno is recovering in the hospital after being seriously injured in a fire in his Los Angeles car garage.
“I got some serious burns from a gasoline fire,” the television host and comedian told Variety in a statement on Monday. “I’m fine. Just need a week or two to get back on my feet.” A spokesman for the burn center where Leno was being treated. told CNN That he had burns on his face and hands from a fire in his garage.
Leno, 72, was scheduled to appear at the Financial Brand Forum 2022 in Las Vegas on Sunday night, but organizers said he was forced to cancel due to a “serious medical emergency,” according to an email sent to attendees. Went and got through it. the people
“His family was not able to provide us with many details, but there was a very serious medical emergency that was preventing Jay from traveling,” the email said. “All we know is that he’s alive, so our prayers go out to him and his family tonight.”
Leno is a former host of NBC’s “Tonight Show” and “The Jay Leno Show.” The Television Hall of Fame inductee currently hosts “Jay Leno’s Garage” and the latest revival of the classic quiz show “You Bet Your Life.” Known for his passion for cars, Leno has a vast collection of automobiles and motorbikes.
Leno has continued to perform stand-up since his exit from the “Tonight Show.” He was scheduled to co-headline shows with Jeff Foxworthy in St. Louis on Friday and in Denver on Saturday. Both shows have been cancelled, and ticket holders will be refunded.
RELATED: Roberta Flack has ALS, now ‘impossible to sing,’ rep says
RELATED: Jennifer Aniston says her father, ‘Days of Our Lives’ actor John Aniston, has died.